In order for women to be in business, they would already have to innately have some inner drive that allows them to move through the cog wheel. Sometimes women’s confidence can get knocked and from this, we can create harder shells to shield ourselves, ego and hearts. However, there is strength in getting back onto your feet and trying again and again; despite the jabs taken.
In saying that, confidence shows up when self-assurance is part of the foundation of self-worth. Knowing you belong in that space and that nothing or no-one can take that away from you.
Self-made businesswomen tend to have her hardest shells but oh boy, are they righteously courageous. After building and growing your mindset, your experiences, the confidence will begin ooze out of you. There’s always more to learn but being self-assured allows you to have more faith in your choices, ways of life and then you begin attracting all that’s right for you.
Corene Hippolyte-Newman, founder & director of PinkHippoLondonPR, shares her tips on how to show up more confident as a businesswoman.
Here’s a few tips on how you can show up more confident…
- Mindset – Re-train your thoughts, channel positive outcomes only, however, continue to be realistic with yourself but wake up knowing you are going to smash your goals and create a good day.
- Daily Reminders – This can be daily affirmations or even via a vision board but create a visual gateway to owning your inner greatness. Pining cute notes on your mirror / whiteboard can make all the difference.
- Heart Work – By helping others can give you a great sense of confidence, it allows you to gain the trust of other people, who may look up to you. Naturally, trust is an extra strand to owning your own confidence and sharing can be a beautiful thing.
- Step Out – Stepping out your comfort zones creates a sense of ‘fight or flight’ as a businesswoman, decisions during this time take precision and conviction.
- Dress Up – Look at what you wear that helps feed your inner powerfulness, this could be a power suit, a sleek fedora or your favourite bold jewels. Take notice of how you feel when you do this.
“Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you.” – Lilly Singh