Patricia Lohan is the creator of Feng Shui Mastery and ‘Author of The Happy Home: A Guide To Creating A Happy, Healthy, Wealthy Life.’ Patricia Lohan helps women make their home magnetic to money, luck, and blessings. She shows you what they don’t teach in school, what lies between the lines, your top secret tool for success. She is a feng shui expert, a healer, and a passionate female entrepreneur who has shaped her dream life living in Bali with her husband. Patricia has a gift at making feng shui simple and easy to understand and implement.
She has helped thousands of people across the globe embrace feng shui and create lasting changes in their homes, lives, and businesses. Patricia has seen firsthand the power of the mind, surroundings, and inner healing, clearing and aligning everything so it works holistically.
Hey Patricia, can you introduce yourself to us?
I am blessed to be able to say I am a Feng Shui expert, a healer and passionate female entrepreneur and I have shaped my dream life using Feng Shui. I love helping women around the world transform their lives and learn how to manifest their dreams and goals into reality.
Can you take us through your journey to where you are now?
I got my first Feng Shui book when I was fifteen years old and I fell in love with it. Growing up in a family of entrepreneurs, I started my career as a holistic therapist and helped people with all kinds of issues from trauma, stress, anxiety, and more. I traveled and taught and continued to learn and build my skill set and eventually came back to Feng Shui when I knew I needed to stabilise my life and bring into reality the life and soulmate of my dreams.
Can you talk us through the set process of your business and how you got started?
I adore travel and at 17 I lived in France for a semester; at 18 I moved to the Philippines on my own for an internship; at 21 I worked for a year in Tokyo; at 23 I set up a business from the ground up with my dad and sister – I was 24 and I had 30 staff and ran that business for nearly 6 years until I had a life crisis and ultimately quit and moved to India to become a yoga teacher.
Then at 29 I lived in India for a year and had a spiritual awakening and at 31 I moved to Dublin, started my life and business from scratch with 50 euros – nowhere to live and not a clue what I was going to do!
I ended up setting up a holistic brick and mortar business which was super successful. I became the go-to girl for sound healing in Dublin. I trained 30 people to become sound healers and had lots of clients and did great work. However, I was stuck and wanted to travel more and live a different lifestyle. My husband and I had just gotten married, finished our house, and decided it was now or never. I had been working doing Feng Shui consults as part of my business for several years but decided to try to do it online and it worked!
How much research did you do on the market prior to starting?
I didn’t do any as Feng Shui worked for me and then my clients and now I share my client’s mind-blowing successes which encourages others.
How is your business funded, is it bootstrapped, self-funded ect?
I started my business with $50 from selling a necklace to my sister and it has grown from there, I have continuously reinvested in my business and it has grown steadily this way.
Can you tell us more about the brand DNA and ethos of your business?
If your home can be holding you back – my mission is being.
Can you give us highlight 3 common misconceptions about Feng Shui and how are you using your platform to educate us?
- Misconception #1: Feng Shui is a pile of new-age woo-woo superstition rubbish. Truth: It is actually over 4000 years old and was actually part of the building process back then in China when people built their homes. They constructed with intention and took into consideration things like the layout, the land, the sunrise, and the sunset, etc. as they built for good health and good harvest. I teach these using compass readings, floor plans, and customised reports for each individual home.
- Misconception #2: Feng Shui is just about moving furniture around or tossing out all the furniture, painting walls white, and living like a total minimalist.Truth: Feng Shui is about the energy of your home. Sometimes things may need to be moved but this is more about the relationship you are in with your home and the way that you connect to your home. Simply moving things around or the act of physically placing remedies in locations throughout your home is not Feng Shui. There is work to be done underneath and through the decluttering process, the remedy placement, and the affirmations, just to name a few aspects. I teach a practical approach and never advise to throw everything out! We work with what we have and focus on the energies.
- Misconception #3: It’s just weird, it won’t work.Truth: It does work! And we have loads of testimonials from people who have manifested many forms of abundance using Feng Shui. Also, the list of celebrities and international brands who use Feng Shui to supercharge their success is a mile long. Feng Shui is one of the primary success strategies used by our leading entrepreneurial figures including Oprah, Bill Gates and Richard Branson, to name a few.
Who does the team involve behind you?
I have my husband and COO who looks after all the operations in the business, my virtual assistant Jacqueline then we have our marketing team and Feng Shui team.
Where can you see yourself within the next 3-5 years?
I see myself as an author of several best selling books, a highly sought after paid international speaker and a leader of women retreats globally.
What are the key tools that you use for your trade?
A Loupan compass and a passion for Feng Shui.
What outlets do use to market your ‘Feng Shui for Abundance Guide’ and services?
I do a lot of building relationships with people online and in person, I run live events and also Facebook ads.
What or who inspires and motives you?
People who walk their talk who fully embody what they say they do.
What is the number 1 critical business lesson you have learned so far?
Listen to your gut, keep doing the inner work, and showing up sharing your passion and you’ll never make a wrong turn.
A seminal point in your career so far?
I have a Mary Poppins bag of tools and gifts but my message was blurry. When I decided to focus on just the one thing, Feng Shui, my message became clearer and I then became the go-to woman for Feng Shui.
What gives you ultimate career satisfaction?
I love seeing women living lives of abundance, joy, ease, and flow. I do this through helping people and of course, especially women around the world to transform their lives using Feng Shui.
What challenges have you seen to have been presented during the growth of your business?
Getting systems in place to keep up with the growth.
Which other leading entrepreneurs and pioneering game changers do you also admire and why?
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
I love ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama.
Top 3 go-to Podcast channels?
- ‘Glambition’ with Ali Brown.
- ‘Go To Gal’ with Jacelyn Mellon.
- ‘So Money’ with Farnoosh Torabi.
How do you define your own success?
Living your life on your terms, shining your light and having the money and abundance to do whatever you want to be, do or have.
What does #BEYOUROWN mean to you?
Fully standing in your power, doing you and in your way whilst living in alignment with your own values.
Finally, what are you working on throughout 2019?
Systems in my business, scaling my business, my second book, and also my podcast.